“The Kochs are on a whole different level. There’s no one else who has spent this much money. The sheer dimension of it is what sets them apart. They have a pattern of lawbreaking, political manipulation, and obfuscation. I’ve been in Washington since Watergate, and I’ve never seen anything like it. They are the Standard Oil of our times.”
The Koch brothers are the epitome of all that is disturbing and dishonest about politics. If we continue to allow our political “leaders” to operate at the enjoyment of corporate powers like these moguls and keep our collective heads buried in the sand, we deserve what we get. Even if you think climate change is questionable, as an American, you should be highly disturbed and insulted by the money and influence that these men have in our political process. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that if the Koch brothers had a financial interest in opposing Santa Claus, somehow, our illustrious leaders who were bought and paid for by them would find a way to discredit Old Saint Nick and declare him public enemy number one. We have given up our power to these self-serving and greedy men, whose only interest in America is how many billions they can make from making absolutely sure we stay addicted to oil and coal , not to mention everything else that impacts their profit margins such as corporate taxes and regulations. Can you disagree when you know all the facts? Scary.
- As Tea Party Koch Brothers Earned An Extra $11 Billion In Recent Years, They Laid Off Thousands (alternet.org)
- Koch email pranksters speak out for the first time | Leo Hickman (guardian.co.uk)
- Tea Party-backing Koch Industries is major carbon polluter (grist.org)
- Protesters, Leave Those Rich Koch Brothers Alone (newser.com)
- When the Koch brothers get a little creepy (washingtonmonthly.com)